Tuesday, March 15, 2011

St. Patrick's Day meal plan

Every year I tell myself I will make a St. Patrick's Day themed dinner in March, yet somehow March 17 always comes and goes with no corned beef with cabbage or festive green dessert. Well, my friends, I am happy to report that this year I made my St. Patrick's Day meal! It was terrific! And I even made it a couple of days early in case any of you might feel inspired to follow my lead and make your own Irish meal.

Here is what we served:


Corned Beef with Potatoes and Carrots



Cabbage



Irish Soda Bread



Grasshopper Bars










We also served a side of fruit. I will be posting the recipes, last one on Thursday (St. Patrick's Day) morning, so if you would like have your own feast, pick up these ingredients:

printable list

Fresh:
10 small red potatoes
5 carrots
1 head of cabbage
1/3 cup raisins
fresh fruit (whatever you like, get what's on sale!)
3 lb corned beef brisket with spice packet
buttermilk (1 1/4 cup total)
1 lb (4 sticks) butter
3 eggs
3 oz cream cheese

Pantry:
flour
white sugar
powdered sugar
baking soda
baking powder
salt
mint extract
green food coloring
canola oil
chocolate chips (1 cup or 6 oz)
1 brownie mix


No comments:

Post a Comment