Friday, November 12, 2010

Butter Rolls



A friend requested this dinner roll recipe from me, so I thought I would post it on my blog! This is the condensed version, using a bread machine for the mixing and kneading. I realize not everyone has a bread machine, so I will post more detailed directions soon, as well as instructions for preparing and storing dough for later use!

Butter Rolls

yield: 12 rolls

printable recipe 

3/4 cup milk (or buttermilk)
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter
1 egg
3 cups bread or all-purpose flour
2 T sugar
2 tsp yeast
Combine all ingredients in bread machine on dough setting. Watch dough as it mixes to make sure it isn't too dry or wet. Add flour or water as needed until dough forms ball. 

When dough cycle completes, roll the dough into a 12-15 inch diameter circle on lightly floured surface. Using a pizza cutter, cut dough in quarters, then cut each quarter into thirds, as if it is a 12 slice pizza. Roll each "slice" starting at wide end like a crescent roll. Place each roll, loose end down to secure it, on cookie sheet, making sure the bottom of the roll is well dusted with flour so it doesn't stick.
Allow rolls to rise in warm place 20-30 minutes or until doubled. Bake at 375F for 12-15 minutes or until golden.

2 comments:

  1. You are a life saver. I am crazy about rolls and have been looking for a recipe so it looks like I'm making these to go with the soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete