Thursday, November 11, 2010

Menu Plan Explanation

Okay, now that I've whet your appetite with some recipes, let's get down to business. My real purpose in creating this blog is not to simply share some recipes with you. There are already plenty of bloggers out there doing just that. I want to let you in on the money and time saving meal plans that I create for my family. With a little prep at the beginning of the week, you can have the peace of mind of knowing that all your dinners are planned, all the ingredients purchased, and all the recipes at your fingertips in this blog.

Here's how to use the menu plans: each Thursday I will post a menu plan for the following week. This plan will list 6 dinners (I'm allowing one day a week for leftovers/takeout/whatever you do to give yourself a break). Some of the recipes will already be on the blog (I will provide links) and some of them will be new recipes that I will post no later than the morning before they are to be served for dinner. All the recipes will be delicious but simple, with clear instructions and no obscure ingredients. There will be at least one dessert included. We always make a treat for family night on Monday, but you can make it whenever you like.

Also, and I think this is the best part, I will include a shopping list divided into two categories: pantry (ingredients you probably already have on hand, but check to be sure!) and fresh (includes meat, dairy, and produce). This should make shopping a breeze for you. All you need to do is purchase the ingredients before Monday and get ready for a week of organized, affordable, and delicious meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment