Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Grilled Pork Chops with Shallot Butter

This is a delightful take on bone-in pork chops from myrecipes.com. I loved the blending of the herbs and the fact that, other than a little butter, this recipe was quite healthy!

You can use fresh herbs if you have them, but I just used the dry herbs I had on hand and it turned out great.


printable recipes
Grilled Pork Chops with Shallot Butter

serves 4

4 bone-in pork chops
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chives
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp rosemary
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp butter, softened
1 1/4 tsp minced shallots
1/8 tsp grated lemon rind


Turn on grill to medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of pork with salt and pepper.



Combine oil, chives, thyme, rosemary, and garlic, stirring well.



Rub oil mixture evenly over both sides of pork.

Place pork on grill rack; grill 6-7 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of pork registers 155F. Remove pork from grill; let stand 5 minutes.



Combine butter, shallots, and lemon rind, stirring well.


Spread about 1 tsp butter mixture over each pork chop; let the pork stand an additional 5 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh my! To me, pork chops have always needed some kind of extra "oomph" to get rid of that straight-pork taste. I bet this is delicious! It looks awesome, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pork chops - these look enticing. I get into such a rut when it comes to making dinner. Maybe this recipe will pull me out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your pork looks beautifully cooked! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete