Thursday, January 27, 2011

Menu: Week of January 31 - February 6

To celebrate my 10th menu plan here on The Menu Mama, I decided to put together an all-star menu of my most popular recipes so far. These are the recipes that I received the most feedback on and I think are especially worth repeating.

Meatless Monday: Fire-Roasted Tomato Soup - who could forget Amy's fun guest post?
Tuesday: Italian Breaded Pork Chops - a family favorite
Wednesday: Thai Honey Peanut Chicken - my most popular post by far
Thursday: Leftover/Takeout Night - relax!
Friday: Peking Chicken Pizza - what can I say, just yum!
Saturday: Creamed Chicken over Biscuits - you guys loved this comfort dish
Sunday: Beef with Snow Peas - I can't wait to make this one again!
Family Night Treat: Easy Microwave Caramel Corn - a quick classic 


Sounds good, huh? Let's get shopping!

I'm linking up with I'm an Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday.

printable shopping list

The amounts shown below are for 4 servings. If you have a bigger family, double the amounts of the starred ingredients when you are shopping. 

Pantry:
rice
flour
shortening
brown sugar
white sugar
honey
yeast
light corn syrup
peanut butter
barbecue sauce
plum sauce
cornstarch
baking powder
baking soda
soy sauce
cooking sherry
peanut oil (optional)
canola oil
olive oil
vanilla extract
curry powder
dried parsley
salt
black pepper
sesame seeds
crushed red pepper
sriracha or tabasco
*2 (14 oz) cans chopped fire-roasted tomatoes
*7 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1 package microwave popcorn
1 cup roasted unsalted peanuts

Fresh:
fresh gingerroot
*1 yellow onion
*1-2 large carrots
*2 large potatoes
fresh basil
*1 fresh lime (or 1 Tbsp lime juice)
*8 oz fresh snow peas
*7 scallions (green onions)
*1/4 red bell pepper
*1 head garlic
*1 cup frozen peas
*2 eggs
milk
*1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
*1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
*8 oz Monterey Jack cheese
*heavy cream (1/2 cup - 1 cup, depending on preference)
*1 1/2 lb flank steak or any other good stir-fry beef
bone-in pork chops (1 per person)
*2 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast

1 large, unused paper bag

1 comment:

  1. Looks good. I am so pleased this week with my dinners! Looking forward to the burgers tomorrow night. The Thai chicken looks fabulous!!!

    Cheers!!

    Thank you again for all your help!!

    ReplyDelete