Thursday, January 20, 2011

Menu: Week of January 24-30

For Menu Plan Explanation, click here. As always, I will be adding the recipes throughout the week and linking to them here. Feel free to check out my already completed menu plans as well for some delicious ideas!

Is your mouth watering yet? Let's get shopping!

I'm linking up with I'm an Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday.

*The amounts listed here are for a 3-4 person family such as mine. If you have a larger family, double the ingredient amounts that are starred, for example 10 lb potatoes instead of 5.

printable shopping list

Pantry:
flour
white sugar
brown sugar
yeast
baking soda
salt
seasoned salt
black pepper
red pepper
chives
thyme
rosemary
dill seed
minced dried onion
taco seasoning
paprika
honey
dijon mustard
tabasco sauce
mayonnaise
olive oil
canola oil
*chicken bouillon cubes or granules (enough for 4 cups)
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 package devils food cake mix
1 (3.9 oz) package chocolate pudding mix
1 (16 oz) container sour cream
1/2 cup sprite or sierra mist
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Fresh:
*potatoes (5 lb bag)
2 yellow onions
1 red onion
1 head garlic
1 shallot
2 lemons
lettuce (to top burgers, your choice of kind)
*8 oz cream cheese
4 eggs
cheddar cheese
*1 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 stick butter
cottage cheese (1 cup)
bone-in pork chops (1 per person you are serving)
*3 lb ground beef (5 lb if doubling)
*1/2 lb bacon
*5 chicken breasts (my best guess, only you know how much your family will eat so keep that in mind)
whatever you like to garnish potato soup with: bacon bits, cheddar cheese, chives, etc...
whatever you like to garnish taco soup with: tortilla chips, cheddar cheese, sour cream, etc...
4 Kaiser rolls (to be used Friday, you will probably want to buy fresh that day)

Check out all my menu plans!

2 comments:

  1. Heather, it's probably a good thing that I don't live near Colorado...because I would be a very frequent dinner guest at your house. But I would offer to do the dishes. :)

    I made some taco soup last week--so delicious, crowd-pleasing, and easy. It definitely gets better as it sits, so I'm never sad about leftovers.

    And you gotta tell me if that PW burger is worth it--I'm bleu cheese's biggest hater, so I'm curious...

    I have missed reading your blog! These past couple of weeks have been nuts. I hope I can nail down a routine sometime soon! I hope you and your family are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have our crockpot out right now and have been trying to make more use of it. I made crockpot "refried" beans that turned out really well. I am looking forward to seeing your potato soup and taco soup creations this coming week.

    ReplyDelete