Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cookies, cookies and more cookies

Last night I had a fun evening with friends at a cookie/ornament exchange party. It was so nice to be able to visit with the other ladies, eat some great food, and see all the beautiful ornaments. This is the one I ended up with, isn't it gorgeous?



I left my house with a plateful of Chocolate Fudge Pomegranate Cookies. I substituted white chocolate chips for half of the chocolate chips, and they turned out so pretty and delicious.


I returned home with all of these, including Cake Pops, Mexican Wedding Cookies, Grasshopper Bars, Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies, and Pumpkin Whoopie Pies. I'm telling you, it's taking some major will-power not to devour all of these in one sitting, but I am trying to pace myself!

4 comments:

  1. Do I EVER hear you about the cookies. This year to give me a little bit of a "break" Im doing cookies and jelly to spread around. On to spreading joy and calories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was on Amanda's blog and thought I would say hello! Everything looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate fudge pomegranate cookies?? How decadent! I don't think I've ever had pomegranate in a cookie, but now I'm intrigued...

    As far as cookie exchanges go, I think they are one of the BEST parts of the holiday season. When I was little, my mom would bake up a storm in the kitchen, and I'd get all surly because I wasn't allowed to have any of the cookies. However, my irritation would soon abate when she'd walk in the door a few hours later with a smorgasbord of deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookie pictures are making my stomach growl. I'm your newest follower and I hope to see you around soon at Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete