Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy Weekend!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend. My sweet husband returned home Friday night from a 6 day long business trip. We are so happy to have him home, I feel like our Christmas season can officially begin!

On Saturday we did what all crazy people do the weekend before Christmas: go to the mall. We had a great time maneuvering our double stroller through the crowds to finish our Christmas shopping.

Last night we went to a Christmas party that one of Jared's co-workers invited him to. It was fun to be able to relax and meet new people. I made Cranberry Salsa and Cream Cheese Dip and Christmas Crack to share with the other guests. The hostess' husband made a delicious gumbo that was his own creation and the iTunes gift card we brought was the hit of the gift exchange! Nathan became instant friends with a little boy his age. Within five minutes of meeting, they were wrestling each other on the living room floor. It was hilarious.

We are looking forward to attending church today and my husband plans to make his amazing Black Bean Soup for dinner. I made today's menu dish earlier this week for a family that was moving and I have a guest blogger tomorrow so I was very happy to agree to let him do the cooking tonight. Rest assured, the Black Bean Soup will make it onto the menu very soon for you to try!

As I mentioned above, I have a guest blogger tomorrow. I am very excited that my friend Amy will be posting her amazing Fire-Roasted Tomato Soup recipe. Amy is a fun writer and an amazing cook, I know you will enjoy reading and trying her recipe!

Have a great Sunday!

-The Menu Mama

1 comment:

  1. Happy Monday Heather! First of all . . . your recipes are awesome . . . I really enjoy your blog :)

    We had black beans with pork and rice last night!

    Thanks for visiting my blog . . . it is always a pleasure visiting yours!

    Happy Holidays to you and your family . . . Gina

    http://myfloridaparadise.blogspot.com
    http://ginasitaliankitchen.blogspot.com
    . . . and many more . . .

    ReplyDelete