Friday, December 24, 2010

Our Menu this Weekend



There is no official menu for next week. I will still be posting recipes (and cute random kid pictures, I'm sure) but I am looking forward to the chance to relax with my husband - maybe even let him cook for me again - and be a little more casual while he is on vacation. If you need menu-planning help, check out my previous menu plans.

Here is what I plan on serving tonight (Christmas Eve):

Chicken Alfredo
French Bread
Salad

My parents started a tradition of eating on the floor next to the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve, and we plan on continuing it with our kids this year. There is something magical about eating next to the light of the tree on the night before Christmas.



Our menu Christmas Day:

Breakfast: Belgian Waffles (using our new waffle maker, yippee!)

Lunch: light, probably sandwiches, fruit and veggies, I'm sure we will be snacking all day, haha

Dinner: Pioneer Woman's Filet Au Poivre, Parmesan Smashed Potatoes, Old-school Green Bean Casserole, rolls, fruit, Chocolate Cream Pie, and Pumpkin Pie.

I will be blogging about these recipes for sure, so stay tuned!



I am sending warm wishes to you and yours for a joyful Christmas and a wonderful New Year. As someone more eloquent than me once said...

"Happy Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night!"

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you! You guys always have such yummy foods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas menu sounds FABULOUS, Heather. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! Wow, your menu is so different from what I am used to! We have Roast Turkey, Ham, roast veggies, steamed veggies, Christmas Pudding and Pavlova as our main (and really only) meal of the day. Your dinner sounds like it is going to be very yummy.

    ReplyDelete