Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Popovers

This recipe is straight from my Betty Crocker cookbook, and is a simple option when you need a quick side for a meat dish. See how pretty they look!


Popovers

printable recipe 

makes 8 popovers
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt



Pre-heat oven to 450F. Generously grease muffin pan with shortening.



Lightly whisk eggs.



Beat in flour, milk, and salt just until smooth.



Pour into muffin cups until they are about half full. 


Bake for 20 minutes at 450F, then decrease temperature to 350F and bake for about 15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove immediately to a plate and serve hot.




This recipe is featured in Meal Plan: Week of December 13-19.


2 comments:

  1. Popovers are the best! My Mom used to make this exact recipe when I was growing up. I love slathering the insides of the popovers with butter . . . oh man. These may need to go on the menu asap. I'm thinking Friday--we're having some friends over and watching "While You Were Sleeping." That's my chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, "While You Were Sleeping," I really should watch that again. Or maybe "Two Weeks Notice." Ooh, or "The Proposal." I heart Sandra.

    And popovers with butter slathered inside, yes! They even have a handy hole to stick the butter through, it's totally meant to be.

    ReplyDelete