Monday, December 6, 2010

Spicy Honey Brushed Chicken Thighs

I was so excited to find this simple Chicken recipe. It is perfect for a quick, weeknight meal and pairs well with rice, biscuits or dinner rolls. I discovered the recipe on For the Love of Cooking.

*Note: I used just one chicken breast (because that's what I had on hand) and quartered the spices and honey/vinegar mix as well, since I was only cooking for myself and kids.

Spicy Honey Brushed Chicken Thighs

printable recipe 

8 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
pinch of crushed red pepper 
cooking spray
6 Tbsp of honey
3 tsp cider vinegar

Preheat the broiler. Spray a shallow baking pan with cooking spray.

Combine the garlic powder, chili powder, salt, cumin, paprika, and crushed red pepper together in a bowl then mix well.



Season the chicken thighs evenly with the dry rub on both sides.


Place thighs in the baking dish. Spray each chicken thigh with cooking spray. Broil the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side.

Combine the honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove the chicken from the oven; brush the chicken thighs with half of the honey mixture. Broil for 1 minute. Remove chicken from the oven and turn over. Brush the chicken with the remaining half of the honey mixture. Broil 1 minute or until chicken is done. 



Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for 2-3 minutes before serving. Enjoy.








 This recipe is featured in Meal Plan: December 6-12.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy! I am following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I'm your newest follower. I love finding other foodie blogs. I post lots of recipes:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com CHeck out my giveaways when you come by too. I have 5 and everything is handmade and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mrs. Heather! Love my MIL as well, adn a fellow lover of food! Following you fromt he HOP. If you would like to take a gander, come on over!

    www.cookwithabook.blogspot.com

    Ashley E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newest follower from the Tuesday Train!!

    Can't wait to see what else you cook!!

    http://likeChristmaseverysingleday.blogspot.com

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh looks yummy!
    I'm a new follower=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum!

    Thanks for following, now following you back, look forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete