Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!

Look what my husband got me for Christmas!



I desperately needed a new bag. My old purse was one I bought at Target several years ago and was in bad repair.




We were on a tight budget this year so he used his frequent flyer miles to get this Burberry bag. Isn't it pretty? I love it.






Yesterday the kids and I had a fun afternoon in the kitchen. We made Chex Mix and Peanut Butter Blossoms (those recipes to come):



Nathan loved helping me measure ingredients and mix the cookie dough:


The best part was unwrapping the Kisses to put on top:


Although there is a teeny tiny possibility that more chocolate ended up in their mouths than in the bowl for the cookies:

The best part is sampling the end result:


While they stuffed their faces, I packaged some goodies for the neighbors. You don't think I could keep all these carbs here at my house and still be hungry for Christmas dinner, do you?

4 comments:

  1. So you've already opened gifts? I meant to ask McKenna if you were going to join them in Montana but so far I don't see you in her pictures. :(

    I'm impressed that Hannah would know how to unwrap those chocolates, and that they didn't ALL go in her mouth. I can't imagine the twins unwrapping chocolates. It makes me laugh just thinking about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, we aren't going to Montana this year. We spent over a week there for Thanksgiving and it was wonderful but we are excited to start our own Christmas traditions here at home. We are sad to miss the Mcs this holiday season though!

    We have not opened gifts yet, but as I helped picked the bag out (Jared is not brave enough to pick out a purse for me on his own haha), he let me have it early. :-)

    I was surprised that Hannah opened the chocolates so well too! Nathan did catch her trying to eat the empty wrappers later though, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a BEAUTIFUL bag! I'm not a very big "purse girl" myself, so I'll usually buy one every couple of years. How nice of Jared to get you one!

    And your kids are SO cute. I love the one of Nathan shoving the cookie in his mouth. ;)

    Heather, I'm so thankful for your friendship. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bag is even more beautiful in person!

    ReplyDelete