Thursday, December 30, 2010

Lemon Garlic Pasta

The day after Christmas, we wanted something light and healthy for dinner. You know the feeling, after over-indulging in all the deliciousness, you just need a change of pace. Something without 4000 calories per bite, perhaps.



So, my husband whipped up his Lemon Garlic Pasta. We usually put chicken in it, but this time we made it vegetarian, it's fantastic either way.

Lemon Garlic Pasta


serves 4

1 red bell pepper
1 zucchini
(optional) 1 chicken breast marinated in Italian dressing (we like Good Seasons)
 4-5 garlic cloves
olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 lemon
8 oz cooked pasta (we like whole wheat thin spaghetti, but use whatever you like)


Slice the red pepper and zucchini in half, longways, and take the seeds out of the pepper.



Grill the vegetables until tender and a little blackened.



Grill chicken (if using) until cooked through.


Chop vegetables (and chicken) and set aside.



Mince the garlic cloves.



Saute the garlic cloves in a couple of Tbsp of olive oil until beginning to lightly brown.


Add in the vegetables (and chicken, if desired) and saute another minute.



Throw in pasta and parmesan and toss to coat.



Place in serving bowl and squeeze half of the lemon on top.



Cut the other half of the lemon into wedges.



Serve hot with parmesan and a lemon wedge for garnish.

This recipe is featured in Menu Plan 6.

2 comments:

  1. This is definitely something I'd make on a week night. I'm always up for a quick pasta dish, and I'm a sucker for zucchini...and garlic. Mmmm...

    I feel like you and your recipes are going to get me through my last semester. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recipe. I make it all the time.

    ReplyDelete