Wednesday, December 22, 2010

You like me, you really like me!!!



My favorite new Internet friend Amy, from Serve at Once, has passed on to me the Stylish Blogger Award. You know Amy from the guest post she did for me earlier this week. It was so nice of her to pass this award on to me, I don't think of my blog as particularly stylish (especially since the Internet Explorer color incident) but it is fun to share my recipes and thought with all of you.

To accept the award, I have to complete the following steps:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Pass the award on to bloggers you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you picked and let them know about the award.

So first, thank you so much Amy, for the award, for guest posting, and for being an inspiration to me. Your blog always puts a smile on my face. It usually makes me hungry too, but that may be a personal problem...

Seven things about myself. Hmmm, I'm not sure if these are supposed to be seven random tidbits, or seven very important things about myself. So I'll do a little of both. These are in no particular order...

1. My amazing husband, Jared, and I share the same birthday. Weird, huh?
2. From ages 4 to 9, I lived with my family in rural Louisiana which instilled in me a) a Southern accent - which some people claim I still have a hint of and b) a love of Creole cooking. Just wait until I share my mom's Red Beans and Rice recipe with you!
3. Before I even knew I was pregnant with my daughter, I knew her name would be Hannah. It just came to me one day, luckily my husband loved the name too.
4. We have an 10 month old black lab puppy named Jack. He is crazy. 'Nuff said.
5. I am LDS, and thankful everyday for my Savior and the blessing of the church in my life.
6. I love French Dip Sandwiches and almost always order them if I eat lunch anywhere they are served.
7. Starting with a paper route when I was 11, I have always had a job until my daughter was born 16 months ago. Being a stay-at-home mom has been my dream for years, but it was a much harder transition than I thought it would be. Blogging helps me feel like I am staying sharp and improving myself beyond the daily chores and tasks of being a stay-at-home mom.

That was fun, but enough about me. I would like to pass this award on to a couple of bloggers who I know and love: Julie at Real (Good) Cooking and Amanda at Amanda's Blog: A Writers Journey to Being Published. I enjoy reading both of these blogs and I know you will too!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for giving me this award, Heather! Now I just have to figure out seven things about me and who to pass the award on to.

    I can't believe you and your husband have the same birthday! That's just weird.

    ReplyDelete