Friday, December 3, 2010

Ritz Tagalongs





I'm not sure why or when this became a tradition, but for as long as I can remember my family dips things during the holiday season. Thanksgiving comes and goes and all of a sudden we are dipping pretzels, oreos, cinnamon bears, and my favorite: Ritz crackers and peanut butter. I call these little cookies Ritz Tagalongs because they remind me of my favorite Girl Scout cookie. They are a cinch to make and so addicting. And just like the Girl Scout version, they taste great right out of the freezer.


Ritz Tagalongs

2 sleeves Ritz Crackers
creamy peanut butter
2 cups chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp shortening OR you can use chocolate almond bark, sold in the baking section, specifically for dipping

Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler. Meanwhile spread a thin layer of peanut butter between two crackers to form a sandwich. Repeat with the rest of the crackers. Give a couple of the peanut butter/cracker sandwiches to your kids as a snack.

Once the chocolate is melted, it is time to dip the cookies!

Submerge in chocolate

Remove with tongs, tapping on side to release excess chocolate

Place on wax paper to cool

Make sure they are all the way cool before trying to eat one!
Yummy!

5 comments:

  1. These look so yummy! Thanks for following. Im now following back :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those would probably look good, but I was a Girl Scout leader for 8 years, so you can imagine what a name like Tag-a-Long does to me :-(

    Thnaks fpr stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look good. I'm sure my family would love them.

    I'm a new follower of yours! Hope you will follow back at:
    www.starsideacademy.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somebody gave us some of these at Christmas time last year and I've been planning to make them this year for the neighbors. They are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, we did this too!! I love love love these.

    ReplyDelete